Transportaton research - Women and Finta community

Dit find ick knorke!
kams_dos

Transportaton research - Women and Finta community

Post by kams_dos »

We're exploring the idea of launching a taxi service in Berlin specifically for women, including members of the Finta community. We are looking to gather feedback to understand the needs and preferences of potential customers. The survey will take 10-15 minutes, and your responses will be 100% anonymous (no personal data needed). [Site admin redacted link]
Franklan

Re: Transportaton research - Women and Finta community

Post by Franklan »

Your survey mentions "women only taxi service".

Isn't that the same as a park bench with a plate stating "White people only"?

Or a "Kneipe" with a sign "Nur für Deutsche"?
Last edited by Franklan on Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

OK. I looked it up-

FINTA* The German acronym FINTA* stands for »Frauen, intergeschlechtliche, nicht-binäre, trans und agender«: women, →intersex, →non-binary, →trans and →agender people. It refers to people who are discriminated against in the →patriarchy.

What I don't get is why they need their own taxi service.
Robinson100

Post by Robinson100 »

Based upon Fruity`s research, I would say that the concept is too complicated . It also discriminates against men!
Why not simply make a name for yourselves driving these people around and let verbal marketing do the rest for you?

On the other hand, I could imagine that you might also attract the wrong sort of attention dealing with this kind of market. If somebody has a hatred of anything other than 1000% straight, they might come after the company transporting these people around.
just a thought, y´know?
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

kams_dos wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:04 pm We're exploring the idea of launching a taxi service in Berlin specifically for women, including members of the Finta community.

Who are "you"?
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Robinson100 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:28 pm Based upon Fruity`s research, I would say that the concept is too complicated . It also discriminates against men!
Why not simply make a name for yourselves driving these people around and let verbal marketing do the rest for you?

On the other hand, I could imagine that you might also attract the wrong sort of attention dealing with this kind of market. If somebody has a hatred of anything other than 1000% straight, they might come after the company transporting these people around.
just a thought, y´know?
Probably they want to collect some tax payer's money from the Government.
It looks like it is easier if they include all of the colors they can think of into their idea.
I didn't know that Berlin is that unsafe, it is Germany.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

When ordering Uber or taxi, I've never been asked what my sexual orientation is. I'm very curious about why there is a need for such a thing.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

At least for the non-conformance genders there might be a reason, most of the taxi drivers in Berlin belong to ethnicities and nationalities that are very conservative and some might discriminate against them. But safety for women I am not sure that is needed. Anyway the whole thing is probably a bad idea, as a business I mean.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

Fraufruit wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:33 pm When ordering Uber or taxi, I've never been asked what my sexual orientation is. I'm very curious about why there is a need for such a thing.
Very odd.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

kams_dos wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:04 pm We're exploring the idea of launching a taxi service in Berlin specifically for women, including members of the Finta community. We are looking to gather feedback to understand the needs and preferences of potential customers. The survey will take 10-15 minutes, and your responses will be 100% anonymous (no personal data needed). Survey Link https://freeonlinesurveys.com/s/DooY1VQh
Most cities have night time taxi service for woemn (and now diverse). Inside city limits, very cheap.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

Krieg wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:06 am At least for the non-conformance genders there might be a reason, most of the taxi drivers in Berlin belong to ethnicities and nationalities that are very conservative and some might discriminate against them. But safety for women I am not sure that is needed. Anyway the whole thing is probably a bad idea, as a business I mean.
Hmm. Like the Berlin taxi drivers you mention, come from countries that totally respect women, right? Taxi drivers can target drunk women. In UK it is usually not the black cab drivers. Guys even pretend to be taxis or Ubers or whatever. Black cabs are safer, but google John Worboys (100 rape victims). A friend of mine woke up with the driver on top of her, wrenching he knickers down. He gave up. The wine bar she had been in had called a Black cab for her. From then on, they always took note of the taxi number, and number plate, and let the driver know they were doing it.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

"From then on, they always took note of the taxi number, and number plate, and let the driver know they were doing it."

Uber does that automatically when you order one - number plate, make and color of car, driver's name and they have GPS tracking. I thought taxis did the same but I haven't ordered one in a while. If I flag one, I take a photo of the driver's ID in plain sight.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

"Most cities have night time taxi service for woemn (and now diverse). Inside city limits, very cheap."

Do you mean cheaper for women than for men, etc.? That sounds discriminatory.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

It is a night time trannsport thing offered by some cities. https://stadt.muenchen.de/service/info/ ... /10313434/
LukeSkywalker

Post by LukeSkywalker »

Remembers me of a business trip to Dubai. I was waiting outside my apartment trying to get a taxi. A female taxi driver was driving around the block. I tried to get this taxi, but she didn‘t stop when I waived her. After she drove like 3 rounds around the block and I waived the whole time, she briefly pulled over explaining that she only takes female passengers 😉.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

Fraufruit wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:54 pm "Most cities have night time taxi service for woemn (and now diverse). Inside city limits, very cheap."

Do you mean cheaper for women than for men, etc.? That sounds discriminatory.
The service is only for women and girls (with a now broader meaning). And it is cheap, 6 Euro here in HD city limits. And sure, it is clearly discriminatory. I would guess it only stands as no one has challenged it? There is also a very cheap night bus. My son cannot get that as he working as a bouncer and tends to meet drunk guys he has kicked out. He rents a scooter.
editorL
Site Admin

Post by editorL »

It appears as if the OP only created an account on this forum and only logged in once to pitch the external survey for his/her business idea (with the intent to realize a profit)...