Attractive PayBack deals

Money saving tips
murphaph

Attractive PayBack deals

Post by murphaph »

I thought I'd start a little thread for folks to post PayBack specific deals. I'll get the ball rolling:
Currently there's a 30x coupon in the app for Lieferando vouchers at PennyMarkt. As we order at least once a month on average from Lieferando it is a no-brainer for me to always have some Lieferando vouchers to hand. I bought €100 worth of them. That's a very easy 1500 PayBack points (€15 cash if you just cash your points in, potentially 3 or 4 times that value if you use them carefully in the Miles & More system).

Also, there is currently a 100 Extra points voucher for filling up with 15 litres of fuel at Aral. Aral has a reputation for being expensive but it really seems to depend heavily on the time of day. Our nearest petrol station is an Aral and it is currently cheaper that the next closest Total by 3c. It makes sense to use these sorts of vouchers when your tank is like half full and just put in the 15 litres. Aral will normally give you 1 P° per 2 litres, so 7 points for 15 litres. That makes this a 14x coupon if you stop at 15 litres and wait for another day to fill up (using a 10x or better coupon obviously!)

100 points = €1 (at the very least) so even though Aral can often be more expensive, you would need to find fuel at least 6.66c per litre cheaper to make it more attractive to a PayBack user when buying 15 litres and using this coupon. More if you convert the points to M&M miles as stated above.

I have taken advantage of both of these deals this morning :-) In both cases you must activate the coupons in the app before presenting your PayBack card at the till!!
Fraufruit

Re: Attractive PayBack deals

Post by Fraufruit »

I would need to hire an accountant to keep up with all of that. :D

Great tips, though, for those who are interested. I'm impressed.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

There is a coupon for Booking.com in case you need a hotel room soon.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

With booking I always check the price in incognito mode before I book using the payback landing page. Sometimes (not always) booking cheekily jacks the payback price up. Just something to be aware of. If the price is the same you can generate significant points though. We booked an apartment in January for this summer via payback/booking and got over 10k P°. I believe there may be a way to get the points and pay the "proper price" by selecting everything, going to the checkout page and then in another browser tab going from payback to booking via the coupon, then finishing the payment in the first tab but I have never done it. I just read about it on mydealz I think.

There's a Commerzbank coupon in the app at the moment too. It's 5500 points for opening a Girokonto which is free as long as you have 700 a month going into it (new customers only) Should be easy enough for many people to route 700 in and back out of the account until the points are there and then close it again. I wouldn't recommend opening and closing current accounts too often if your Schufa score is important to you as they usually come with a little overdraft facility which counts as credit. Tagesgeld accounts are Schufa irrelevant and sometimes there are payback coupons for those too but often only if you deposit a significant amount at a poor enough interest rate so I avoid those.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

From Monday at Penny there's a whopping 20x PayBack points on AirBnB credit using a coupon. The eCoupon should appear for activation on Monday. The paper coupon should appear in this weekend's Penny magazine. The credit can simply be added to your AirBnB account. You don't necessarily need to have immediate travel plans to use it. A thousand € worth of AirBnB credit would yield 10,000 Payback points (nominal value €100, more like €300-€400 if used judiciously in the Miles & More programme). If you use AirBnB anyway it's free money.
Robinson100

Post by Robinson100 »

I use the Payback American Express card, so even when shopping at Aldi, I earn Payback points! :D
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

There's a great offer on for the PayBack Amex right now actually. If anyone wants to order one they will receive a hefty 4,000 PayBack points when using a friend's referral link (full disclosure, the friend also receives 4,000 points). Unlike the usual free PayBack points deals (without friend link) there is NO minimum spend condition to meet to get these points. They will be awarded immediately and unlocked once the card issues. If anyone would like to sign up using a link I provide mine here:

https://americanexpress.com/de-de/refer ... XLINK=MYCP

The PayBack Amex is completely free of charge. The huge benefit of the card (apart from collecting PayBack points in non-PayBack partners) is that owning one protects your PayBack points from expiring!

murphaph

Post by murphaph »

REWE is currently offering a super 16x Payback points on ALL gift cards. To my knowledge this is the first time they've done that. Usually it's on a subset, most commonly the Wunschgutscheine. This offer means you can get 16x on Penny, REWE, IKEA, Amazon etc. all without going through the Wunschgutschein process (though these are also included in the offer). If, like me you are lazy and tend to just buy stuff from Amazon most of the time, then 2x €500 Amazon gift cards is the same as cash and for converting €1000 cash to €1000 Amazon credit, you earn 8000 Payback points, worth at least €80 if you cash them straight in :-) For me the cash register in my local REWE usually goes to about 1k when I do this and then refuses to process any more cards so I put the ones I want most on the top of the pile, but this limit is very random/regional. Sometimes it's as low as 500, sometimes as high as 1500.

The coupon MUST be activated in your payback app before you buy the gift cards of course!
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

I went to my local REWE and to my surprise it doesn't exist anymore, they even demolished the whole building. So I found another one but the cash system didn't accept to take the 2x 500 EUR Amazon gift card, so I had to take only one. Still 4000 easy points.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Krieg wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:47 pm I went to my local REWE and to my surprise it doesn't exist anymore, they even demolished the whole building. So I found another one but the cash system didn't accept to take the 2x 500 EUR Amazon gift card, so I had to take only one. Still 4000 easy points.
Happy days. This is the easiest way to amass lots of PB points for virtually no cost (just the lost interest on the cash that is tied up in thr gift card but it quickly reduces as the balance is spent). No messing around, just buy the high value Amazon card and it's in your Amazon account in seconds and you have 4000 points in the bag. Next time you could ask them to try sequentially lower values for the second card. The limit may well be just under 1k. I had this happen once in Penny when there was 16x on IKEA cards and the second card wouldn't go through @ €500, but it went through at (I think) €300.

The 16x offer also applies to the online Kartenwelt but it's crucial to buy the physical gift cards in the bricks and mortar shop first if you want them, because the 16x coupon will not work in the bricks and mortar shop if you buy cards online first. The other way round does work and you can buy multiple times from the online store (up to the daily limit of €250) and the coupon will be applied again and again.

One word of warning: Check these gift cards for any signs of tampering before purchasing. There is a scame whereby a thief takes blank cards from the shelves and swaps out the barcodes and returns the tampered cards to the shelf in the shop, so that the code you pay to activate does not actually activate the card in your hand, but the one in the thief's hand.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

In my payback app I have 50x points on Erdinger Helles & Radler at REWE. Helles all tastes similar to me so I bought a couple of crates and took the 950 points.
john_b

Post by john_b »

murphaph wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:16 pm In my payback app I have 50x points on Erdinger Helles & Radler at REWE. Helles all tastes similar to me so I bought a couple of crates and took the 950 points.
Sounds like it's BBQ time round your place (if the rain stops!)
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

That 16x deal at Rewe on all gift cards seems to be over...

Give me a bell when this is active again.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Hey Franklan if you are ok with Wunschgutscheine (takes an extra step to convert to the vouchers one really wants and not every retailer partners with Wunschgutschein) then Penny has 16x on Wunschgutscheine from today until the end of the week. These 16x offers on Wunschgutscheine used to happen like once or twice a year and now Penny and REWE have made a sport out of doing them every month!

Be aware that Wunschgutschein seems to have a new lower daily conversion limit (not purchasing limit) of €150. That means one should only convert a maximum of €150 a day into real vouchers to avoid landing in the "Geldwäscheprüfung". That limit was previously €300. Wunschgutschein does not want people buying a thousand € in vouchers and converting them straight into real vouchers because their business model is based on a certain percentage of vouchers never being converted due to forgetfulness or laziness on the part of the recipient.

If you are careful you can still get 1k in Amazon credit this way and bag 8k PayBack points in the process. I will certainly continue using Wunschgutscheine as the 16x offer on all goft cards is quite rare but it's now very common on Wunschgutscheine.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

The coupon says for Gutscheine from 15 EUR to 150 EUR. Are you sure if I buy 6x 150 EUR the coupon will apply to all 900 EUR?
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Krieg wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:21 pm The coupon says for Gutscheine from 15 EUR to 150 EUR. Are you sure if I buy 6x 150 EUR the coupon will apply to all 900 EUR?
Yes*, as long as the coupon has been activated before purchase in the store and as long as the Wunschgutscheine are all purchased in a single transaction on the PayBack card that the coupon is associated with. Some Penny Markt cash registers might not allow €900. The amount at which the register says "no" is random though. Nobody seems to have found any logic to it. Probably a combination of factors. Just ask the cashier to keep scanning until the register says it has reached its limit. The nicer cashiers often offer to scan a few cards on one register and a few more on a second register, thinking they are doing you a favour. You should politely decline this offer as the PayBack points will only be credited for the first transaction.

*Based on previous experience and following the mydealz forums. You can always check the current mydealz thread on the topic and see what others are reporting:
https://www.mydealz.de/deals/payback-pe ... 24-2377246

There is also a pair of lists in every 16x mydealz thread that give the article codes that in previous campaigns have been known to automatically work, but have no fear if you buy a Wunschgutschein and for some reason the article code was not correctly assigned in the Penny system. A short mail to PayBack with a picture of your receipt should suffice to have the points credited. I actually had to do this with the 50x on Erdinger above as the PayBack points did not come automatically. Payback apologised, credited the points and gave me 300 further points for my inconveniece. I have never had to reach out to PayBack for points on Wunschgutscheine however. They have always credited correctly automatically for me and to be honest I don't check those article number lists as I don't like to be seen comparing numbers with gift cards in the store. It looks like you are up to no good. I do always check each Wunschgutschein for signs of tampering however!

By the way according to the most recent thread, the €300 limit per day is still working fine for some people so it may be that the person who reported that €150 limit was misinformed.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

Just came back from out local Penny. The system stopped at 840 EUR. 6720 points = 67 EUR. Not bad.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

Krieg wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:42 am Just came back from out local Penny. The system stopped at 840 EUR. 6720 points = 67 EUR. Not bad.
I did the deal online via penny's webpage, but it stopped with "max. 400€ per week". My goal was 3 times 150, now I did 2 times 150 and one time 100.

-> 400€ spend, 3200 points on Payback and 400€ on Amazon, available for shopping.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

I got Penny gift cards at the last REWE deal and then bought Amazon Wunschgutscheine in Penny this time. That way you can get 32x Payback points. I don't think it works the other way, that is I don't believe REWE allows you to buy gift cards with gift cards but Penny does. I've never tried it though so can't be sure. You will get some strange looks doing this lol.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

There appear to be 15x on your entire shop coupons at Nahkauf in the app right now. Both my wife and I have them. I have 2 of them, expiring on different dates. They also have 20x on ice cream specifically. Nahkauf rarely has good payback coupons but 15x are never offered by Penny or Rewe anymore so it's worth going a little out of my way to my next Nahkauf. There appears to be a paper coupon available (if you don't find an ecoupon) as the nice cashier in Nahkauf Falkensee asked me if I had activated the ecoupon and showed me her paper copy ready to scan for me if I hadn't.