49€ train ticket: where are you going?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
Fietsrad

49€ train ticket: where are you going?

Post by Fietsrad »

I am quite pleased with my 49€ ticket, it costs less for a month than a couple day tickets at normal prices, valid on regional trains, city trains, buses, trams, even ferries

Usually the trains run on time, at one junction two trains meet, they leave "sekundengenau" in different directions

Time on the train is not "lost", I love observing the familiar changing landscape. Or talking to people. Or reading. Or eating

Where are you going?
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
Robinson100

Re: 49€ train ticket: where are you going?

Post by Robinson100 »

Well, I don´t normally travel a lot,so I guess the E49 ticket is not really for me.
When they first came out, I looked into taking the train to work and back, thinking I could cycle to the railway station and back, and train my way to work.
Well, since I do shift work, and the early shift starts at 5.30am, I found that I would be late for work - the first train leaving my local station at 5.50am
And at the end of a late shift, if I missed the train at 5 minutes past the hour, which I 100% would do, I would have to wait until 35 mins past the hour for the next train................. arriving home about 20 mins later than I currently do.
So, all-in-all, not for me.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

I mostly just use it to take the bus. A day pass where I live is 6,80€ or if I go to the next zone it is 9,80€ so using the bus a few times a week, the 49€ ticket is paying for itself.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

I am afraid I use it for the bus into town. I used to cycle but I do not like leaving my Drahtesel in town. Now I get the bus one way, but I always walk home

Law of unintended consequences applies I think 🙃
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

Going to Berlin soon to visit Galeries Lafayette, a french department store, it is closing soon
Metall

Post by Metall »

I use to go to work and visit people in town. Did go to a medieval market in Nürnberg once in a totally packed train.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Used it to travel to Hamburg airport and back. A bit slow with the slow train but ok.