Don't get caught by this latest ATM scam

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
murphaph

Re: Don't get caught by this latest ATM scam

Post by murphaph »

Last time my Penny Markt only allowed €700 but today all 10x €100 went through this morning at register 1. I was tempted to grab a few more but there was a queue behind me so I will buy the rest online during the week.

The registers in the stores seem to stop activating gift cards at random limits based on how many customers previously bought cards during the day and other random factors like which register in the store it is.

Online the daily limit for me is always €250. The weekly limit says €500 but I am able to buy one more time before the system stops letting me put cards in my basket, so in total I can buy €750 during the week of the promotion. Those €750 + the €1000 from this morning works out at 18,375 Lufthansa Miles when converted during a promotion at 1:1.25 and when the cards are bought with a M&M credit card. When judiciously used to buy business or first class flights the value in real money should be between €900 and €1500.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

Just saw this on the Payback website. Redeem 499 points for a €5 WG voucher and they give you 250 points back again, so the €5 WG voucher actually only costs €2.49. :)
Attachments
Screenshot from 2024-03-18 16-10-13.png
Screenshot from 2024-03-18 16-10-13.png (22.93 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

I read an article about food stores that turn the music and lights down for one hour a week to make shopping bearable for people who are affected by the cacaphonie

The tone of the article was praising the action although it is only done for a short period

An expert said, correctly I think, that the retailers only do things that increa$€ turnover, I guess it is the same with loyalty cards

Bring back Schlecker, I say! (Simple and cheap)

Ich will billig!
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Although Schlecker was anything but simple for the poor person (yes person, singular!) working there ;-)

Schlecker was run similarly to how US Dollar stores are run. Hardly any staff being asked to do everything. That was the only way they could keep the prices so low: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4QGOHahiVM
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Escafusa wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:14 pm Just saw this on the Payback website. Redeem 499 points for a €5 WG voucher and they give you 250 points back again, so the €5 WG voucher actually only costs €2.49. :)
In my app it's 500 points for a €15 voucher that costs 1500 PayBack points. See how they personalise everything in the app? I generally ignore those types of offers as I am much more interested in amassing points to convert to air miles.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

murphaph wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:00 pmSee how they personalise everything in the app?
Yes, it's personalized, presumably based on previous usage. My partner has a separate Payback card/account which we use a lot less, but we sometimes can use it to get to do offers twice or circumvent limits. In this case, no, in their account there is no such coupon, only in mine.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

The hardcore PayBackers seem to have like 10 accounts. That's too much work for me to manage lol.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

One thing with the Pfandflaschen, the logo is printed on fragile paper, be careful not to damage it, or you lose 25c to the retailers 😕
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

Fietsrad wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 pm One thing with the Pfandflaschen, the logo is printed on fragile paper, be careful not to damage it, or you lose 25c to the retailers 😕
Damaged ones which are not accepted by the machine can be redeemed at the checkout.
And not all retailers have a machine in any case, so it would have gone to the checkout regardless of the damaged label in some shops. ;)

And I don't know if it is the retailers that keep the money for non-redeemed ones.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

PSA-

Himself just informed me that Rewe and some others are quitting with Payback.
Metall

Post by Metall »

Rewe also no longer takes various coupons.
Switching to the new Turkish supermarket around the corner.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Fraufruit wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:22 pm PSA-

Himself just informed me that Rewe and some others are quitting with Payback.
Yeah, that's probably murphaph's fault ;)
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Rewe group is leaving Payback at the end of this year, to be replaced by the Edeka group.