Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
silty2

Re: The Vent

Post by silty2 »

Most appropriate!
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

I have a mini first world problem vent. I like the new flip top lids that they are putting on Tetra paks these days. Except for on juice boxes. You can't shake before pouring without it spraying everywhere. Now I have to pour juice into a shakeable container. Argh!

I like them on milk.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

And try to take a swig out of a bottle of water without putting your eye in danger.
john_b

Post by john_b »

Silly neighbour putting 29 green bottles in the clear glass container, are you f*&^%$£g blind or what? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Then again, as they were all Pfand and I was on my way to the shop anyway....there was a benefit. :P :P :P

But still, can't you read, you dumb ass?
john_b

Post by john_b »

Here's the thing: the "comfy" bike saddle I purchased some 6 or 7 years ago to replace one that had been stolen functions basically like a sponge.

As it's stored outside in the Hinterhof it soaks up all the rainwater, with the consequence that when I sit on it afterwards, it looks like I've taken a leak in my jeans. :?

Can't be arsed (!) to replace it, so just have to live with the look of incontinence...
Sannerl

Post by Sannerl »

john_b wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:27 pm
As it's stored outside in the Hinterhof it soaks up all the rainwater, with the consequence that when I sit on it afterwards, it looks like I've taken a leak in my jeans. :?
Just cover the saddle with a plastic bag. Preferably before it rains.
john_b

Post by john_b »

I even had a saddle cover, but they always disappear…go figure
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Sannerl wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:55 pm Just cover the saddle with a plastic bag. Preferably before it rains.
He could also just cover it with a dry bag before riding it.
Sannerl

Post by Sannerl »

john_b wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:03 am I even had a saddle cover, but they always disappear…go figure
Of course they do!
The chance of a cheapo plastic bag being stolen is much lower.
john_b

Post by john_b »

What the heck - I'm going to throw caution to the wind and go for the cheap plastic bag solution! :D
Sannerl

Post by Sannerl »

john_b wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:50 am What the heck - I'm going to throw caution to the wind and go for the cheap plastic bag solution! :D
Choose one with longish grips and make a loose double knot.
Metall

Post by Metall »

ER waiting times are getting as long as in the US.
I recently tripped and broke my wrist. Eight hours later, I had an X-ray and a cast *sigh*.
Sannerl

Post by Sannerl »

Metall wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:55 pm ER waiting times are getting as long as in the US.
I recently tripped and broke my wrist. Eight hours later, I had an X-ray and a cast *sigh*.
Oh fork!
Hopefully it will heal well...
(Fingers crossed) (no pun intended)
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Metall wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:55 pm ER waiting times are getting as long as in the US.
Which hospital did you go to?
Metall

Post by Metall »

A hospital in Munich. A bad car accident with several really hurt people came in after me, so I get it.

Also, hospital doctors and nurses need to be paid better and treated better so there isn’t such a lack of them. There’s a reason why I left the medical business myself.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Ah, yea. I had to wait unitl 22:00 for my scheduled morning back surgery after an S Bahn sufer came in all broken to pieces. My neurosurgeon saved him. Along with the orthopedic surgeons, of course.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

In Heidelberg I avoid the bigger places. During the day the small accident places are great and quick for minor breaks, cuts, etc. Outside of their hours have used the smaller hospitals. I recently got ambulance in the middle of the night, but not to Uniklinik.10 minutes for ambulance and seen immediately. Uniklinik is great, but their emergency department are doing life and death stuff, so you have to wait. Hope you all mended now.
bramble

Post by bramble »

There have been several reports on TV that ERs are hindered by people turning up with minor ailments that are not emergencies at all, therefore holding up the real emergencies.

So sorry to hear about your wrist. I had the same years ago and being one-handed for about 6 weeks is so awkward.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

AOK just cancelled my health insurance. In my experience, when my status has changed in the past, they've given a grace period and sent a letter stating you are no longer working for employer xyz, lets figure out how you are insured moving forward. This time no grace period.

I was discussing it with friends and one woman said that when her husband died, her kk also cancelled her insurance and didn't even tell her. She only found out like 3 months later when she tried to see a doctor.
PandaMunich

Post by PandaMunich »

LeonG wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:18 am AOK just cancelled my health insurance. In my experience, when my status has changed in the past, they've given a grace period and sent a letter stating you are no longer working for employer xyz, lets figure out how you are insured moving forward. This time no grace period.
Sic VdK on them: https://www.vdk.de/