Why are you happy today?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
Fraufruit

Re: Why are you happy today?

Post by Fraufruit »

I have been happy for a few days now with this great new forum! Especially all the laughs.
JanxSpirit

Post by JanxSpirit »

Same here and now even more so due too the added Topics :)

Huge thank you to ******** and Co.
SpiderPig

Post by SpiderPig »

Fraufruit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:45 pm Especially all the laughs.
I must have missed something.....
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

SpiderPig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:16 pm I must have missed something.....
We all know that you were young and needed the money.
But those photos that are shared via PMs are really bonkers.

Especially the ones with the fire crackers in a place where fire crackers really don't belong...
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

SpiderPig wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:16 pm
Fraufruit wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:45 pm Especially all the laughs.
I must have missed something.....
I've gotten many chuckles just reading some people's posts. That is all.
Robinson100

Post by Robinson100 »

I am happy today because a colleague of mine has finally handed in his notice!
He worked two or three days in December and since then has been written off sick because (we all assume) he cannot be bothered to work any more!
Some of the younger generation do not seem to have the kind of work ethic that was drilled into me as a child!!!
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

I passed the following modules in my B1 exam:

Lesen: 87
Hören: 97
Schreiben: 81

I'm pleasantly surprised with the Schreiben result considering I rarely write in Germany and only started preparing 2 weeks before the exam.

I'll do Sprechen next month which I am quite nervous about. Preparation starts tomorrow.
Sam-I-Am

Post by Sam-I-Am »

alma.freya wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:27 pm ...I'll do Sprechen next month which I am quite nervous about. Preparation starts tomorrow.
Huge congrats to you (swallowing my jealousy) as I'm only A2 after 1 years of evening classes :roll:

QQ: Where/how are you doing the exam? I thought B1 was was 'all together';... I never realised you could separate the reading/writing/speaking/listening parts
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Sam-I-Am wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:33 pm
alma.freya wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:27 pm ...I'll do Sprechen next month which I am quite nervous about. Preparation starts tomorrow.
Huge congrats to you (swallowing my jealousy) as I'm only A2 after 1 years of evening classes :roll:

QQ: Where/how are you doing the exam? I thought B1 was was 'all together';... I never realised you could separate the reading/writing/speaking/listening parts
Thank you. A2 after 1 year of evening classes is admirable. I've been here for 8 years.

Goethe allows you to book individual modules, Lesen, Hören, Schreiben, Sprechen. The cost is 100 € per module, which is more expensive than taking them all togethe, which costs 255 €.

I found this appealing as I could focus on training for specific modules, and it also allows you to retake individual modules if you fail. TELC group their modules: Lesen/Hören, Schreiben/Sprechen.

What I did is not typical. If you can pass one module, it's highly likely you can pass all 4. I started learning at home again in January after the new citizenship law allowing dual citizenship passed. I took a practice Lesen and Hören Test and got 28/30, so I booked the exam as motivation to continue learning. After a couple of weeks of consistent high marks in the practice tests, I decided to also book the Schreiben module and switch my focus to the Schreiben exam. They are fairly hackable and if you have a few templates and Redemittel memorised, it's fairly straightforward. It's not the most noble way of learning, but it gave me motivation.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

It is also possible if you take the B1 all together and fail 1 or 2 modules, you can go to Goethe and just repeat those you failed.
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

LeonG wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:52 am It is also possible if you take the B1 all together and fail 1 or 2 modules, you can go to Goethe and just repeat those you failed.
Yes exactly. One guy was there taking the written module for the 3rd time, having already passed the others. At 100 € per attempt, it can start getting expensive.
HEM

Post by HEM »

Because yesterday I passed my medical examination allowing me to continue flying for another 2 years...

However it would be good to reduce some of the "on board" ballast...

Attending the IGC Plenary meeting in Toulouse on the 1st & 2nd March did not help - they served us 3-course meals at lunch plus the big dinner on the Friday evening! Good it wasn't this weekend due to LH strikes etc. As it was I got there & back with only slight delay on the last flight from Munich.
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Passed my Einbürgerungstest: 32/33.

Me and my wife signed our separation agreement; the Notar read the contract quicker than I could read it. Rosenkrieg avoided.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

About a month ago I cleaned and decluttered our place. Feels awesome. 😊
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

I bought myself a 4th row ticket at the Philharmonie to see Gregory Porter in November!

I recently discovered his music on a jazz channel that I listen to at night.

Bonus - It isn't on curry night!
John Gunn

Post by John Gunn »

Not happy only today! Glad this forum has come back to life! As I delve into my second childhood- childhood! First, my partner Nicole became a grandmother for the second time the ither week and we just spent a week in the Leipzig area doing grandparently things.
AND - I am proud to announce I am becoming a grandfather myself - possibly on my birthday in July! My daughter is expecting a son👻❤️❤️
( I hope I will be alive then.. my teeth are not so good. And the eyesight.. and the Finanzamt.. and..)'
Yo!❤️❤️👻👻
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

Such wonderful news John. I arrived in Yerevan today to visit my Armenian-Germerican grandkids, who are now 1, 4, and 7. Unbelievable! We’ve got a mutual admiration fan club going. 😀 Feeling happy today and grateful that we were able to relocate to Konstanz in 2019 and solidly these relationships. Sometimes it’s nice to just take stock of one’s blessings. Congrats to you and Nicole.
JN53

Post by JN53 »

I'm happy because someone set up this forum and I finally was able to make time to sign up. Thanks to those who set it up. I don't have grandkids like Beth and John G., but I was happy to receive pictures of one of my "nanny grandkids." The 3 oldest of the children I nannied have their own childern.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

LeonG wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:52 am It is also possible if you take the B1 all together and fail 1 or 2 modules, you can go to Goethe and just repeat those you failed.
Can a fail B2 be treated as a pass B1?
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Fietsrad wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:09 pm
Can a fail B2 be treated as a pass B1?
That's a good question. E.g. does a score of 55 on a B2 exam correspond to a passing B1 Grade?

I found the same question on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/German/comment ... _assign_a/

Top answer:
Pretty sure you just fail. The test and marking criteria aren't designed to show that you demonstrated a lower proficiency, even if you may have done so.