German website Impressum

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of German legalese, paper work, red tape
Emkay

German website Impressum

Post by Emkay »

I understand that German websites must show an Impressum (full name, address etc). My daughter started her own small business with a registered address at her partner’s home. Without saying too much just now, for her personal safety reasons and that of others at that address, is there any way to be able to register a business to a third party address? For example, I think I recall that in the UK, a business can register an address with a solicitor, accountant, tax advisor etc. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Bogies

Re: German website Impressum

Post by Bogies »

As far as I know, a business needs an Impressum with address, tax number and the person responsible for the website. You also require a Data Protection page. And please keep in mind the cookie banner giving visitors a chance to accept or refuse cookies. Be careful of using Google Fonts. There are a lot of Lawers out there looking for those websites. A purely private homepage in Germany requires a Data Protection page, but not an Impressum. As far as registering a business to a third-party address, not sure. I hope that my info is correct. Others here can definitely help. :?