Attractive PayBack deals

Money saving tips
murphaph

Attractive PayBack deals

Post by murphaph »

I thought I'd start a little thread for folks to post PayBack specific deals. I'll get the ball rolling:
Currently there's a 30x coupon in the app for Lieferando vouchers at PennyMarkt. As we order at least once a month on average from Lieferando it is a no-brainer for me to always have some Lieferando vouchers to hand. I bought €100 worth of them. That's a very easy 1500 PayBack points (€15 cash if you just cash your points in, potentially 3 or 4 times that value if you use them carefully in the Miles & More system).

Also, there is currently a 100 Extra points voucher for filling up with 15 litres of fuel at Aral. Aral has a reputation for being expensive but it really seems to depend heavily on the time of day. Our nearest petrol station is an Aral and it is currently cheaper that the next closest Total by 3c. It makes sense to use these sorts of vouchers when your tank is like half full and just put in the 15 litres. Aral will normally give you 1 P° per 2 litres, so 7 points for 15 litres. That makes this a 14x coupon if you stop at 15 litres and wait for another day to fill up (using a 10x or better coupon obviously!)

100 points = €1 (at the very least) so even though Aral can often be more expensive, you would need to find fuel at least 6.66c per litre cheaper to make it more attractive to a PayBack user when buying 15 litres and using this coupon. More if you convert the points to M&M miles as stated above.

I have taken advantage of both of these deals this morning :-) In both cases you must activate the coupons in the app before presenting your PayBack card at the till!!
Fraufruit

Re: Attractive PayBack deals

Post by Fraufruit »

I would need to hire an accountant to keep up with all of that. :D

Great tips, though, for those who are interested. I'm impressed.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

There is a coupon for Booking.com in case you need a hotel room soon.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

With booking I always check the price in incognito mode before I book using the payback landing page. Sometimes (not always) booking cheekily jacks the payback price up. Just something to be aware of. If the price is the same you can generate significant points though. We booked an apartment in January for this summer via payback/booking and got over 10k P°. I believe there may be a way to get the points and pay the "proper price" by selecting everything, going to the checkout page and then in another browser tab going from payback to booking via the coupon, then finishing the payment in the first tab but I have never done it. I just read about it on mydealz I think.

There's a Commerzbank coupon in the app at the moment too. It's 5500 points for opening a Girokonto which is free as long as you have 700 a month going into it (new customers only) Should be easy enough for many people to route 700 in and back out of the account until the points are there and then close it again. I wouldn't recommend opening and closing current accounts too often if your Schufa score is important to you as they usually come with a little overdraft facility which counts as credit. Tagesgeld accounts are Schufa irrelevant and sometimes there are payback coupons for those too but often only if you deposit a significant amount at a poor enough interest rate so I avoid those.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

From Monday at Penny there's a whopping 20x PayBack points on AirBnB credit using a coupon. The eCoupon should appear for activation on Monday. The paper coupon should appear in this weekend's Penny magazine. The credit can simply be added to your AirBnB account. You don't necessarily need to have immediate travel plans to use it. A thousand € worth of AirBnB credit would yield 10,000 Payback points (nominal value €100, more like €300-€400 if used judiciously in the Miles & More programme). If you use AirBnB anyway it's free money.
Robinson100

Post by Robinson100 »

I use the Payback American Express card, so even when shopping at Aldi, I earn Payback points! :D
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

There's a great offer on for the PayBack Amex right now actually. If anyone wants to order one they will receive a hefty 4,000 PayBack points when using a friend's referral link (full disclosure, the friend also receives 4,000 points). Unlike the usual free PayBack points deals (without friend link) there is NO minimum spend condition to meet to get these points. They will be awarded immediately and unlocked once the card issues. If anyone would like to sign up using a link I provide mine here:

https://americanexpress.com/de-de/refer ... XLINK=MYCP

The PayBack Amex is completely free of charge. The huge benefit of the card (apart from collecting PayBack points in non-PayBack partners) is that owning one protects your PayBack points from expiring!