Legalising cannabis

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of German legalese, paper work, red tape
Alberto

Legalising cannabis

Post by Alberto »

Where do you stand on this?

For me, legal or illegal is not the point.
I think people should care better about their health and themselves and those around them. Period.

Besides, I find ironic the legality of cannabis received so much attention, while at the same time excessive consumption of smoke alcohol caffeine fat salt sugar are mostly ignored or even encouraged.
Fraufruit

Re: Legalising cannabis

Post by Fraufruit »

I'm all for it. Smoking a blunt isn't criminal.

I hope that it becomes like some of the states in the U.S. where it is controlled and pure. One has the choice of eating it or smoking it. It is also taxed which raises a lot of money from those who choose to indulge. Also reduces the criminal element like dealers, etc.

Why shouldn't I be able to grow a plant and consume it?

Don't like it, don't partake. Simplz.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

I don't see why it should be illegal. IMO drunk people are more likely to cause problems than pot smokers.
Metall

Post by Metall »

It already is legal in Germany starting April 1.
CBD oil for pain management already has been for a while.
As long as they age restrict it and figure out if you’re permitted to drive after toking, I would hum “legalize it, don’t criticize it” (RIP Peter Tosh).
HEM

Post by HEM »

LeonG wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:30 am I don't see why it should be illegal. IMO drunk people are more likely to cause problems than pot smokers.
My daughter (works in forensic lab @ UKE) says that there are more drugs than alcohol in the blood tests that she analyses.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

HEM wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:59 pm
LeonG wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:30 am I don't see why it should be illegal. IMO drunk people are more likely to cause problems than pot smokers.
My daughter (works in forensic lab @ UKE) says that there are more drugs than alcohol in the blood tests that she analyses.
Which drugs and are they the cause of death?
HEM

Post by HEM »

Fraufruit wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:26 pm
HEM wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:59 pm
Which drugs and are they the cause of death?
The blood tests are those taken as the result of police activities i.e. traffic offenses & roadside checks.
Various drugs incl. cannabis as a major factor,
Metall

Post by Metall »

IIRC you’re not permitted to drive in Germany after toking, might even lose your license.
I have no idea if there is some sort of limit as for alcohol.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Cannibis isn't metabolized for days and can be detected in one's system long after the 2 hour or so high effect is gone. So, just because it is detected, doesn't mean the person is impaired.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

I think the current limit is very low, and can be detected days after consumption with no regard to incapacity to drive. This would partly explain why it is picked up so frequently. I think they are trying to design a better test.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

Fraufruit wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:25 pm Cannibis isn't metabolized for days and can be detected in one's system long after the 2 hour or so high effect is gone. So, just because it is detected, doesn't mean the person is impaired.
That's the problem, the driving laws should be updated after the legalization that just happened. With the current laws you can lose your license for smoking a joint and driving four days after that.
Bayrisch_Dude

Post by Bayrisch_Dude »

Fraufruit wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:55 pm I'm all for it. Smoking a blunt isn't criminal.
Could no agree more. Even when I was law enforcement I refused to work any investigation involving ganja. I worked only one in 24 years. I never felt it belonged to the same category as other controlled substances.

The most dangerous side effect from THC is donating one's life savings to the nearest pizzeria. :lol:
Shameful plug: visit my website www.lederwaren-allgaeu.de
Shameful plug Nr. 2: instagram - scottishknightleather
Metall

Post by Metall »

snowingagain wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm I think the current limit is very low, and can be detected days after consumption with no regard to incapacity to drive. This would partly explain why it is picked up so frequently. I think they are trying to design a better test.
Speaking from my medical experience, it can be detected much later by doing a hair test.

… which is why a wannabe teacher I knew suddenly shaved his head before getting tested.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Metall wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:32 pm Speaking from my medical experience, it can be detected much later by doing a hair test.

… which is why a wannabe teacher I knew suddenly shaved his head before getting tested.
Apparently they can also test body hair and nails.
JanxSpirit

Post by JanxSpirit »

I know what I'm going to plant on April the 1st ;)
Germany's upper house, the Bundesrat, cleared the way to partially legalize cannabis on Friday.

The law is supported by the government and had already passed in the Bundestag, but it could have been derailed by Bundesrat, which is made up of delegates from Germany's 16 state governments.

Some representatives in the chamber argued about negative consequences of the law, and a motion on Friday to send the law to a mediation committee threatened to delay the enforcement of the law.

However, the motion did not receive enough votes, clearing the way for cannabis to become legal on April 1.

Health Minister Karl Lauterbach advocated for the pWhat does the new law allow?
Adults aged 18 and over will be allowed to carry up to 25 grams of cannabis for their own consumption.

Public consumption will be allowed, so long as it is not within sight of children or near sports facilities. It will also be prohibited in pedestrian zones between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.

Adults will also be allowed store up to 50 grams of the drug at home, as well as keep three plants for home cultivation.olicy again on Friday, arguing that previous drug policy had failed and led to a black market.
Rest over at https://www.dw.com/en/germany-approves- ... a-68641043
Last edited by JanxSpirit on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

I'll celebrate with some THC oil, which I understand is still actually illegal.
john_b

Post by john_b »

I’m much more a whisky / beer / wine / cigar aficionado myself, but just wondering if anyone here has actually signed up for membership of a cannabis club? :ugeek:
john_b

Post by john_b »

I think that's a resounding "no"! :P
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

john_b wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:57 am I’m much more a whisky / beer / wine / cigar aficionado myself, but just wondering if anyone here has actually signed up for membership of a cannabis club? :ugeek:
More like a resounding I haven't gotten an invitation yet.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

People gathered at the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin at midnight, March 31 to enjoy their first legal joints.

Vocab: the event was opened with the call "o kifft ist", just like the Oktoberfest in München ("o zapft ist" is the call when the first barrel of beer is opened)🙃
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment