1 month DSL/home internet contracts - any experience?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
Chocky

1 month DSL/home internet contracts - any experience?

Post by Chocky »

Our Telekom contract expires at the end of May, and our Vermieter/landlord has recently informed us that DSL will be included in our service costs from the end of July, so I've been looking at some 1 month DSL contracts, mostly from O2, with the intention that it will be cancelled around the end of June, in time to make use of the 'free' internet connection.
The 1 month contracts from O2 seem to have pretty favourable reviews, does anyone reading this have any experience with them?
Franklan

Re: 1 month DSL/home internet contracts - any experience?

Post by Franklan »

I do not think that your landlord can enforce that you pay him/her for a DSL that he/she selects or prefers.

It is your decision what DSL (speed and provider and price) you prefer. It is even legal for you to decide to refrain from having DSL in your household at all.

Making it mandatory for you to pay for DSL via Nebenkosten does not sound right/legal to me .
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Our landlord is not forcing us in to a new contract, it is available if we want it.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

And that is the question: Do you want that?
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

I thought that was fairly obvious from my original post ;) Maybe I should have been more explicit: Our Vermieter is offering DSL to be included in our Nebenkosten, and our current DSL contract is due to expire at the end of May, but the connection included with our Nebenkosten won't be available until July, therefore I am looking for a 1-2 month contract in the interim.
warsteiner70

Post by warsteiner70 »

I originally had a 1 month DSL contract with Alice, which was taken over by O2 when they took over Alice probably around 12 or 13 years ago. I've had the DSL since 2007 and have worked from home during this time so have been using the internet at least 8 hours every day Mon - Fri for work as well as evenings/weekends for personal use.

During this time the only major issue I had was the result of a power cut in the local area, which affected several buildings. A few hours after the power was re-established the internet still wasn't working to I had to give them a call but they answered within a couple of minutes and the issue was resolved quickly.

They also have an App (o2 my Server), which is useful to help if there are any problems with the connectivity and can save a call to the call centre.

I'm using the 50mb product (O2 Home S Flex) and normally have a download speed of around 55mb and upload of 11mb, which is more than enough for my purposes. I don't have any problems streaming YouTube on my TV or using TVIP. I live alone so don't share the connection with anyone else.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Thanks Warsteiner, that is helpful :D