Legalising cannabis

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of German legalese, paper work, red tape
Franklan

Re: Legalising cannabis

Post by Franklan »

MadAxeMurderer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:52 pm My immediate reaction when I read about flushing is you don't want any chemicals from the fertilizers in the bud.
Sort of like the French feeding snails a very clean diet before eating them.
There are regions in Europe were eating a fish called carp is/was a christmas tradition.

Elderly folks might remember that for the three days before christmas eve one could not take a bath as the bath tub was occupied by the carp to "live" in clean water to "demud".

Probably the same principle.
MadAxeMurderer

Post by MadAxeMurderer »

Does the bathwater become muddy?
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

MadAxeMurderer wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:41 pm Does the bathwater become muddy?
Yes, a little bit, and that fish gets "unmuddy". That is the point. It is/was animal cruelty, yes.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Until they ate them, right?

The carp probably thought they had gone to a carp spa.
jaycool

Post by jaycool »

MadAxeMurderer wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 5:52 pm
jaycool wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:37 am Godzilla glue getting close to harvest. I will start flushing soon (feed it plain water with no added nutrients), but I‘d rather feed it too long than flush too early.

The point behind flushing is to get rid of as much nutrients and chlorophyll as possible before harvest. It is heavily debated on whether this actually does anything or not.
OMG she's beautiful.

My immediate reaction when I read about flushing is you don't want any chemicals from the fertilizers in the bud.
Sort of like the French feeding snails a very clean diet before eating them.
Thanks. I only flushed for about a week before harvesting. Now I can better judge the timing, though. It's a learning process. A really fun learning process. I have a 5 week old apple betty that I topped this time, as well as another gorilla glue, which I just planted 2 days ago. Don't really need the weed, but it's too fun to stop. Plus, I have enough adults registered here to cover the yields.
jaycool

Post by jaycool »

IMG_6128.jpeg
IMG_6128.jpeg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 75 times
Here you can see the effects of “topping” the “apple betty” plant. We have two main stems, rather than just one.

Due to my fear of overwatering them, I wound up underfeeding the past attempts. This one is looking rather hopeful.

Like I said, it’s a learning process. A fun learning process…

My baby Godzilla Glue didn’t make it. I replaced it with two Strawberry Gorilla seeds, which are just sprouting.