Attractive PayBack deals

Money saving tips
Krieg

Re: Attractive PayBack deals

Post by Krieg »

We went yesterday to Nahkauf for our weekly shopping, we've never been to that chain and it was super strange, I think the best description was from my son who called the supermarket as "Ghetto", it was a pretty strange experience, it was like been in a Plus in the early 00s. We couldn't find half of the things we usually buy, there was not even fresh milk. The 15x coupon was the only redeeming thing, so probably we will never go there again without such coupon.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

I think Nahkuf is a franchise model, so you can have good ones and bad ones. I find my nearest Nahkauf has a range slightly better than our Penny and slightly worse than our Rewe (in our case also a franchise), but the decor is a bit ghetto alright now that I think of it! One can always go there and buy whatever they do have, then pick up the rest in Rewe. It's super rare that they have 15x coupons. Even 10x coupons are rare in Nahkauf. I've been to our Nahkauf just twice as I wouldn't really go out of my way for a 10x coupon as they are basically always available on mydealz for Penny and/or Rewe, which are much more convenient. It's generally possible (with 2 Payback accounts) to never shop with less than a 10x coupon at Penny or Rewe if you use the deal alerts feature on mydealz.

There is a100 extra points and a 50 extra points coupon at Penny on mydealz at the moment. I used both this morning and took the 150 points for 2 shower gels tacked on to the end of a bigger shop. They never seem to mind you doing that if they see you have spent "proper money" on a big shop first (with a 10x coupon of course!)

If any of you are converting your PayBack points to Miles and More points, you should convert them this month as there is a generous 30% bonus. Do not convert more than ca. 25k PayBack points in one transaction though, as somewhere between 25k and 30k the transaction will go through a "manual validation" which can take several days. Sticking to 25k points it will be automated and processed within 24 hours. You can do this multiple times until the end of the month. I have converted 50k points so far this month and received 65k Miles and More points :-) I will convert all my PayBack points before the end of the month. Who knows when PayBack and M&M will stop being partners. PayBack belongs to Amex which has it's own Membership Rewards programme which does not allow transfer to M&M so it may not last forever with the PayBack conversions.
john_b

Post by john_b »

If it were possible to award a PhD for in-depth knowledge about this subject, you would surely deserve one, Phil!
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

Those Wunschgutscheine are a chore to activate. You have first to activate them in the website, but the maximum activation is 50 EUR at a time, even if the voucher is for a much higher value. And for every activation you have to enter your name and email and it takes around 10 minutes to get your answer back. Then you have to import the real voucher code in your chosen vendor (Amazon in my case). So if you have 1000 EUR in total you have to do the procedure 20 times.

Not complaining about free money, but I feel like I am working for it.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Krieg wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:29 am Not complaining about free money, but I feel like I am working for it.
They do make you work for it alright, especially with Amazon and the €50 limit. I console myself with the fact you can only do €300 a day or risk the money laundering check. I sit down and blitz through the 6 of them. My browser remembers my name and email so I don't have to type all that stuff in over and over at least. You can just request all 6 Amazon gift card codes and then wait for the 6 emails to come. Then go through all 6 emails one after the other.

That's why it's really nice when REWE or PayBack offers gift cards with 16x on Amazon or IKEA or whatever without the Wunschgutschein step, but that is much rarer.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

murphaph wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:44 pm
Krieg wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:29 am Not complaining about free money, but I feel like I am working for it.
They do make you work for it alright, especially with Amazon and the €50 limit. I console myself with the fact you can only do €300 a day or risk the money laundering check. I sit down and blitz through the 6 of them. My browser remembers my name and email so I don't have to type all that stuff in over and over at least. You can just request all 6 Amazon gift card codes and then wait for the 6 emails to come. Then go through all 6 emails one after the other.
Look, there are things that I do absolutely sober, like defusing a nuclear bomb, and there are things that I do in the halftime of a football match, with (already) three beers and two Jägermeister in my belly... Copy/Pasting those Gutschein-codes from A to B belongs to the second mentioned group of tasks...
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

The 16x coupon in Wunschgutscheine is now up for Rewe
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

Krieg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:59 pm The 16x coupon in Wunschgutscheine is now up for Rewe
Online or only "Brick and mortar" Rewe? Please advise.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

Krieg wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:59 pm The 16x coupon in Wunschgutscheine is now up for Rewe
BE VERY ALERT!

From what I found this is the "Wunschgutschein für deine Region"!

You can only cash in that Wunschgutschein in *selected* stores in your region.

You cannot - for example - cash it in at Amazon!
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

Yeah there are some other special category Wunschgutscheine like "Fashion" or "Mobility" that can only be used in specific stores, not including Amazon. I only buy the "general purpose" Wunschgutscheine. Good point Franklan.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

There is a coupon with 7% discount + normal points in Penny. 7% discount is almost a 15x coupon. So not bad.
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

There's also a 200 Extrapoints at Penny coupon floating around mydealz. Minimum purchase amount €2. The barcode is:

It cannot be combined with the 10x etc. coupons or the coupon with the 7% discount. Just pick something up for €2 (not €1.99!) and pay and scan separately and it's 200 points for no extra effort. Some of these extra points coupons work with amounts <€2 but this one doesn't.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

paybackRewe.jpg
paybackRewe.jpg (166.39 KiB) Viewed 428 times
20x Payback for Apple gift vouchers at Rewe, beginning tomorrow.
I do not have a use for that as I do not use Apple products, but it might be a money saving information for someone else.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

rewePayback2.jpg
rewePayback2.jpg (598.76 KiB) Viewed 427 times
That doesn't look bad either.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

I have the general feeling that the prices for delivery service and click&collect from Rewe are not the same compared to buying from the brick and mortar shop. I need to do more digging on that. Because it will defeat the purpose if the prices are higher.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

Krieg wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:38 am I have the general feeling that the prices for delivery service and click&collect from Rewe are not the same compared to buying from the brick and mortar shop. I need to do more digging on that. Because it will defeat the purpose if the prices are higher.
No, they are not. If for example a crate of beer costs 16.99 but is at 11.99 in the brochure for this week, it is still 16.99 when you order it to be delivered.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

https://www.mydealz.de/deals/20fach-pay ... d_id%5D%5D
dm-payback.jpg
dm-payback.jpg (162.08 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

ReweCashIn.jpg
ReweCashIn.jpg (110.38 KiB) Viewed 150 times