Steuererklärung: Claiming Manual work for new bathroom

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
Frantic

Steuererklärung: Claiming Manual work for new bathroom

Post by Frantic »

Past year I created a new bathroom in the Dachgeschoße. Worker needed to bring up all the pipes and all.
I googled quite a lot and looks like i can't claim back the manual work for this new bathroom. I could have claimed it back in case of renovation of an existing bathroom.
Is this correct ?
PandaMunich

Re: Steuererklärung: Claiming Manual work for new bathroom

Post by PandaMunich »

Frantic wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:00 am Past year I created a new bathroom in the Dachgeschoße. Worker needed to bring up all the pipes and all.
I googled quite a lot and looks like i can't claim back the manual work for this new bathroom. I could have claimed it back in case of renovation of an existing bathroom.
Is this correct ?
Nope, you can claim the labour costs in line 6 of "Anlage Haushaltsnahe Aufwendungen": https://www.steuern.de/fileadmin/user_u ... ern.de.pdf
See here: https://www-lohi-de.translate.goog/news ... r_pto=wapp
  • The subsequent installation of additional bathrooms or the conversion of the attic can also be claimed at the tax office.
Frantic

Re: Steuererklärung: Claiming Manual work for new bathroom

Post by Frantic »

Ah darn....I got it wrong then.
thanks panda.

As far as I know what is valid is the date when the payment of the invoice has been done, and not the date of the invoice, right ?
For this bathrrom the payment was splitted across 4 invoices. One of this was in 2022 and I did not report the payment made in 2022. Can i submit it as a correction of the 2022 steuererklarung ?
For the 2023, shall I report 3 different position, one for each payment, or is it ok just one position that will represent the sum of the 3 invoices paid in 2023 ?