The Conviction of Donald J. Trump

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
Nixon

Re: The Conviction of Donald J. Trump

Post by Nixon »

It is a shame that America can't have better candidates than those two.
Not just for this coming November, but for the last few elections.
AlexTr

Post by AlexTr »

Well, Joe Biden is old, but he's a workhorse and a legislative powerhouse who still gets things done. Anyway, it's not like the UK puts up its best. Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak and Nigel Farage? Phew.

The problem is a surge in global gullibility. Stupid people vote for scary characters who make them feel better about themselves. Trump just expanded LBJ's Southern Strategy because Trump voters need to be told they're better than someone else and that someone else is the cause of all their problems.

That's why the US Democratic Party had to run someone as stable and reliable as Uncle Joe. Not for nothing, but you also can't argue with his results.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

GO3cCwWWMAE_MF9.jpeg
GO3cCwWWMAE_MF9.jpeg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

AlexTr wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:03 am Well, Joe Biden is old, but he's a workhorse and a legislative powerhouse who still gets things done. Anyway, it's not like the UK puts up its best. Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak and Nigel Farage? Phew.

The problem is a surge in global gullibility. Stupid people vote for scary characters who make them feel better about themselves. Trump just expanded LBJ's Southern Strategy because Trump voters need to be told they're better than someone else and that someone else is the cause of all their problems.

That's why the US Democratic Party had to run someone as stable and reliable as Uncle Joe. Not for nothing, but you also can't argue with his results.
Yer the dumb Americans thing was just the usual Englishmans joke towards those across the pond.
England has more than it´s fair share of total and utter fucking morons to put it mildly.
Boris is a cult figure whose supporters will vote for him no matter what, no matter how many times he has provenly lied to them and provenly broken the law. The same way as it is with Trump than whenever he is proven to have lied etc his supporters cry out that it´s a conspiracy against him etc etc.

These Trump supporters are scary though...

Lorelei

Post by Lorelei »

Couldn't believe (well could) Trump's incoherent self-indulgent gibberings at Trump Tower after the verdict. The man is clearly unhinged. How can anyone take him seriously, let alone as a candidate for president?! Aren't the Republican Party embarrassed?! Yet someone like Nikki Haley, who seem to tick the boxes for being a conservative and sane, doesn't get a look-in. It's bizarre.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

Those who are embarrassed have left or been kicked out. It’s become the party of Trump, a cult. And „sane“ Nicki 😳 was always in it just for Nicki. Plenty of us correctly predicted her endgame. She wants to the next candidate when he’s gone. Her strategy has to do with being power hungry, not with any sense of morality. She too lies like there’s no tomorrow and will happily backtrack on any promises she makes if it suits her fancy.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

But Nicki is endorsing Trump now after she said she never would. If something happens to him, she'll be back in the game.
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

Lorelei wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:35 pm Couldn't believe (well could) Trump's incoherent self-indulgent gibberings at Trump Tower after the verdict. The man is clearly unhinged. How can anyone take him seriously, let alone as a candidate for president?! Aren't the Republican Party embarrassed?! Yet someone like Nikki Haley, who seem to tick the boxes for being a conservative and sane, doesn't get a look-in. It's bizarre.
They´re not embarrassed because it´s not the Republican Party anymore, it´s the Trump party.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Not really related but Hunter Biden found guilty on all gun charges.

ETA - Hey, wait a minute. Does this mean that Joe Biden hasn't really weaponized the entire legal justice system and he won't even pardon his own son?
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Fraufruit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:29 pm he won't even pardon his own son?
Amusingly neither would Trump, but for other reasons.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Fraufruit wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:29 pm Not really related but Hunter Biden found guilty on all gun charges.

ETA - Hey, wait a minute. Does this mean that Joe Biden hasn't really weaponized the entire legal justice system and he won't even pardon his own son?
He probably forgot :)
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

Just seen a few clips from the debate.
Trump with his usual outright lying (his base sadly believes every word) and Biden looking out of it.
What struck me though was it wasn´t a debate as such but rather a who can insult the other more contest.
Typical politics nowadays, let´s not worry about what we´re going to do for the country but just tell everyone how bad its going to be if the other person wins.
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

Fraufruit wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:12 pm But Nicki is endorsing Trump now after she said she never would. If something happens to him, she'll be back in the game.
That´s called debasing yourself so that you can hang onto power or get even more of it.
Look at Cruz, the master of it.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Yea, Biden really shit the bed. I wonder if he will be replaced.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

Fraufruit wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:34 pm Yea, Biden really shit the bed. I wonder if he will be replaced.
I couldn’t watch it, but reading about it has confirmed that it all went pretty much as I expected. And the Tr***ies don’t care that he spewed garbage and lies, while the Dems keep up their infighting. What a royal mess we’re in.
kaffeemitmilch

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

Biden did look seriously old, and yeah, Trump broke the fact-checking machine. In the end this debate is supposed to help the undecideds, who are fucking idiots anyway. If you're undecided THIS YEAR especially, you're either lying to get attention, or you're deluded, but this year it seems engaged voters is the group that will sway this election, and they are squarely in Biden's camp. Disengaged voters are slightly more for Trump, but they, being disengaged, are much less likely to vote, whereas the engaged are. I am looking for a source for this, but I can't find one; I formed this view based on the shitton of election stuff I consume.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

IMO Biden’s very poor performance will keep many folks away from the voting booth who would otherwise vote. They aren’t disengaged, just exhausted. And as much as they hate Tr**p they can not stomach Biden at this point. I am extremely disappointed in Biden for not having handed the reins over to a younger generation as he “promised” to do.
kaffeemitmilch

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

bethannbitt wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:01 pm IMO Biden’s very poor performance will keep many folks away from the voting booth who would otherwise vote. They aren’t disengaged, just exhausted. And as much as they hate Tr**p they can not stomach Biden at this point. I am extremely disappointed in Biden for not having handed the reins over to a younger generation as he “promised” to do.
I don't disagree about being disappointed. The problem is we don't know what the insiders knew at the time they were making the decision on who ought to run.

The disengaged voters might not turn out, but they lean Trump, especially young people. Go figure. It's bizarro world. My point is ENGAGED voters as a block know what is real and what is not, and Biden is stronger with them. Whether the difference will help in the swing states, we will see.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Trump's Supreme Court has spoken - It seems that Trump and all future presidents are above the law.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-supreme-c ... 11073.html
pappnase

Post by pappnase »

If I were Biden, I would take advantage of my new-found freedom to shoot the opposition.