Germany-Scotland Footy Pub ?

Dit find ick knorke!
Veronika

Germany-Scotland Footy Pub ?

Post by Veronika »

HI All,
I was a very occasional user of ToyTown, and I'm happy to see that there is a successor forum!
Just wondering if anyone knows a good pub where to watch Scotland - Germany tonight, maaaybe not directly in the centre so it's actually possible to still hear yourself think :)
Any suggestions welcome, or if anyone wants to meet up, drop me a line!
Cheers,
Veronika
Edit: I'm based North-Weddingish, but happy to travel a bit
colincostello

Re: Germany-Scotland Footy Pub ?

Post by colincostello »

I can recommend Molly Malones Irish pub near Warshauer Strasse, but it may well be packed as might all pubs which are showing the game.
colincostello

Post by colincostello »

The game is on ZDF if that helps. This is not a satellite channel and so this should widen your options.
Have a good one.
john_b

Post by john_b »

The Berliner suggests the Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg although that might not be what you fancy. Personally I like Prater for the football, but four years ago we turned up too late and they were not letting people in as it was already too full.

https://www.the-berliner.com/berlin/whe ... try-guide/
john_b

Post by john_b »

There is also Das Gift in Neukölln which used to be Scottish owned (Barry Burns, keyboard player in Mogwai), but is still a decent choice for the football. Albeit not really close to Wedding.
colincostello

Post by colincostello »

I went down to my local for the match and had a really good night. There were German flags everywhere and lots of colourful bunting. I noticed that the Scots outsang the Germans when singing their national athems. That was as good as it got for the Scots.
At full time, we all got a free shot from the bar staff. I chose something called Orgasmus, since I never had one before......
It seems that all the matches are on terrestrial TV. Can someone confirm this?
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

colincostello wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:11 am It seems that all the matches are on terrestrial TV. Can someone confirm this?
Unfortunately not, although I am surprised our Runkfunk doesn't guarantee all games are shown on free TV.

5 games will be exclusive to MagentaTV, which is a paid service.
EM broadcast on free TV and exclusive games on MagentaTV

Good news for all fans: 46 of the 51 European Championship games can be seen on free TV. ARD and ZDF will cover 34 matches, including all DFB games.

RTL secured the rights for twelve additional games, which will also be free to air. In addition, all games are on RTL+ streamed, so you don't have to miss a second of the tournament.

MagentaTV, Telekom's streaming service , shows all 51 games of the European Championship. Five games can only be seen here exclusively - including games from Groups A and C as well as a round of 16. In order to be able to enjoy these exclusive games, you need a subscription to MagentaTV.
https://www-focus-de.translate.goog/spo ... r_pto=wapp

3 games exclusive to MagentaTV have already been decided:

Hungary - Switzerland Saturday, June 15th / 3 p.m
Slovenia - Serbia June 20th (3 p.m.)
Scotland - Hungary June 23rd (9 p.m.)
There will also be another game on the last group match day, which is still to be determined. In addition, MagentaTV is allowed to exclusively broadcast a European Championship round of 16, and a decision on this game will also be made at short notice.
https://www.goal.com/de/listen/welche-s ... eecfa9adab
sam

Post by sam »

Hope the hangover is ok!
colincostello

Post by colincostello »

Where to watch Scotland v Hungary? Most of my normal places will show the German v Switzeland game, but I would rather watch the Scots.
colincostello

Post by colincostello »

Both games are on at the same time.
Franklan

Post by Franklan »

colincostello wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:30 pm Both games are on at the same time.
And here is the reason why the last two games of the first round happen at the same time: Disgrace of Gijón
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

If people would put their locations in their profiles, it would make it a lot easier for people to respond to many questions without scrolling around and trying to figure out where you are. Thanks!
Veronika

Re: Germany-Scotland Footy Pub ? Berlin

Post by Veronika »

oh dear, how embarrasing - started the post, assumed i would get notified when I got a reply only to find out that that's not the case :oops: ANyway, thanks for all the tips.
If anyone is up for watching tonight somewhere in Mitte/North of Mitte, I'd be up for joining (and yes, I will check back in here this time).
editorL
Site Admin

Re: Germany-Scotland Footy Pub ? Berlin

Post by editorL »

Veronika wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:33 am oh dear, how embarrasing - started the post, assumed i would get notified when I got a reply only to find out that that's not the case
Open your User control panel, and activate the option shown in the screenshot:

mail.jpg
mail.jpg (228.73 KiB) Viewed 1095 times
From now on, you will receive an email whenever somebody replies to a topic you have bookmarked.

And here is how to bookmark a topic:
mail2.jpg
mail2.jpg (94.75 KiB) Viewed 1097 times