Sick note after a vasectomy

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of German legalese, paper work, red tape
Fraufruit

Re: Sick note after a vasectomy

Post by Fraufruit »

I got my first e-prescription filled immediately on my way home from the doctor.

For the 2nd one, the receptionist told me not to fill it until the next day so 2 trips out. I think I will request paper if she tells me that again and see what happens.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

Another big advantage of e-Prescription is when you get a regularly the same medicine, you do not have to go to the doctor anymore, you can just call them and ask for a refill and they put it in the system.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Krieg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm Another big advantage of e-Prescription is when you get a regularly the same medicine, you do not have to go to the doctor anymore, you can just call them and ask for a refill and they put it in the system.
The doctor's office needs to scan your health card every quarter though. That's what they tell me anyway when I call for something.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

Krieg wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm
bethannbitt wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:01 pm I can only attest to the fact that some of us live in places where many of these magical changes don’t occur as quickly as they do in the „big city“. A year ago I had to hand carry my sinus x-ray results to the HNO Arzt. Not sure if that’s changed yet. And the e-prescription has only been recently implemented in these parts. The future just arrives more slowly here, which, for better or worse, is part of the charm.
Carrying results from one doctor to another one is still the norm.
I know of cases where the x-ray results were forwarded to the next doctor electronically, not hand carried, and that was over a year ago already. So it’s been happening, just not everywhere.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

All of my radiology has been forwarded to the appropriate doctors electonically for some years now. I remember back in the old days trying to keep up with xrays and CD's for CT scans and MRI. That was a pain.

Big city girl here.
bethannbitt

Post by bethannbitt »

Fraufruit wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:20 pm All of my radiology has been forwarded to the appropriate doctors electonically for some years now. I remember back in the old days trying to keep up with xrays and CD's for CT scans and MRI. That was a pain.

Big city girl here.
Yessiree „big city girl“. I remember this discussion on „unhappy TT“ last year. Yours truly, „girl in the boondocks“. :lol:
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

bethannbitt wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:43 pm Yessiree „big city girl“. I remember this discussion on „unhappy TT“ last year. Yours truly, „girl in the boondocks“. :lol:
Our test results don't travel at the speed of light. Walking speed is good enough for us :D
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

I drove from North West Germany to Berlin and stayed overnight so I could get a vasectomy at my preferred doctor's office. After the vasectomy, I drove 6 hours back home, stopping once for a coffee and brief walk. I had a cooler bag filled with frozen compress that I regularly used on my truffles (auto correct but I'm going with it). The hotel let me keep my cooler bag in their freezer which was hugely helpful and apparently not a strange request at all.

The procedure itself was like going to the dentist. A couple of questions, then pants off (my dentist is strange), on the table, a little pain for the anesthetic, and then just some strange sensations but nothing painful. Most of the time I was very anxious, tense, rubbing my feet together and probably forgetting to breath. I was always waiting for something painful to occur but it never did. The doctor was alone (no nurse assisting) and made some general chit chat and helped me feel at ease. I had the no scalpel no stitches method and the only thing I felt was a slight shock on one of the four times he cauterized the end of the tube. He put a plaster on and sent me home, asking only that I notify him when I arrive home safely.

Since the procedure I've been wearing my jockstrap and icing regularly. I've taken some ibuprofen despite not feeling any pain. I don't know if that's due to the ibuprofen or just because there isn't any pain. I'll take some before sleeping anyway.

I'm off work until next Monday and settling in for a Curb your enthusiasm marathon.