Eurostar costs

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
dstanners

Eurostar costs

Post by dstanners »

There was an earlier discussion on this, but as I couldn't find it, and have just booked a Eurostar trip from Germany to the UK and back, I thought I'd make the following (current) points.
1) bahn.de is cheaper for exactly the same ticket (Cologne to London) than either Eurostar or the Dutch national site (ns.nl which someone recommended earlier).
2) Upgrades to first class (but this only gives you "standard premium" for the Eurostar itself) was cheaper with the German than the Dutch site, and roughly the same as Eurostar.
3) Bahn.de website kept crashing when I tried to pay. Fortunately, each time I had to re-send the form, the price remained constant (like others, I have also experienced the Eurostar incrementally increasing its prices when it comes to actually paying).
4) Reserving seats (for the non-Eurostar legs) was also cheaper via the German site.
5) Eurostar had many of the tickets as sold out, whereas they were still available via both the German and Dutch sites.
warsteiner70

Re: Eurostar costs

Post by warsteiner70 »

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise you could book the trips on other sites than Eurostar itself. I haven't used the Eurostar since before covid but may be later this year so will compare the sites when I come to book.