Private pension installment and Tax Declaration

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
Frantic

Private pension installment and Tax Declaration

Post by Frantic »

Year ago my wife subscribed a bAV/DirektVersicherung.
It is not a company pension fund but a private pension fund. She was putting XXX euro per month in that fund and the company 50-60 euro (the minimum asked by law). My wife was getting the tax advantage that we now. Basically no tax paid on the sum she was putting in this fund. All was calculated by her employer: she was putting 250 euro but the loss in the monthly netto was around 120 euro).

Now she changed company and the new company has its own pension fund and is not paying nothing into this private pension fund.
Nevertheless my wife decided to keep putting money each month in this private pension fund.
I dont want to discuss the fact that this fund is basically a rip off with this high mantinance cost and that there are better alternative. It is not me you have to convince but my wife and it is a lost cause :mrgreen:

What I would like to know is if this money she is paying can be deducted from tax or not.
I remember months ago I read an article that was explaining that according to the type of pension fund you can deduct tax when you submit a steuererklarung but I can'T find anymore the article.