Legalising cannabis

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of German legalese, paper work, red tape
JanxSpirit

Re: Legalising cannabis

Post by JanxSpirit »

The Bubatzkarte shows areas where you can/can't smoke weed openly.

Here https://bubatzkarte.de/#16/48.1370/11.5756 shows Munich Marienplatz, around where Killian's Irish Pub is. Unfortunately you can't smoke pot outside :lol:
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Unfortunately you can't smoke pot outside
That's funny. You could before the new law. :roll:
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

Can or may?
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
kaffeemitmilch

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

JanxSpirit wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:36 pm I know what I'm going to plant on April the 1st ;)
I'd be inclined to believe you if you had chosen ANY other day :)
kaffeemitmilch

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

Bayrisch_Dude wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:15 am
Fraufruit wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:55 pm I'm all for it. Smoking a blunt isn't criminal.
Could no agree more. Even when I was law enforcement I refused to work any investigation involving ganja. I worked only one in 24 years. I never felt it belonged to the same category as other controlled substances.

The most dangerous side effect from THC is donating one's life savings to the nearest pizzeria. :lol:
Good for you!
JanxSpirit

Post by JanxSpirit »

kaffeemitmilch wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:24 pm
I'd be inclined to believe you if you had chosen ANY other day :)
You better believe it baby, I barely believed the Bundestag beschließen the Bhang Bundesgesetz for 1st April ;)

(And... Grammar Nazis, I know, just grant me some poetic alliteration licence :D
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

Never touched the stuff in my life and don´t intend to.
Never had a pothead throw up on me or get abusive so if people want to smoke it it seems to do a lot less harm to others than alcohol does and no govt is going to ban alcohol.
So can´t see a problem with it being legalised.
jaycool

Post by jaycool »

Do you remember when they first implemented the can and plastic-bottle deposit back in 2002 or so? Back then, there were no machines to collect the returns, and you had to return them to the same location you bought them from, with your receipt as proof of deposit payment.

That is what I think of the new cannabis law. It's a step in the right direction, but needs a lot of tweaking. For me, it effectively legalized the weed I already had, while offering no legal method of purchasing or otherwise acquiring it. You can plant your own, but that won't be useable until July at the very earliest, if you planted it in April.

Essentially, they said, if you can get it illegally without getting caught, it is then legal. Kind of stupid, if you ask me. I was really looking forward to not needing the darknet anymore, while still having easy access without the hassle of planting, maintaining, harvesting, drying and curing.