Why are Iran and Israel enemies?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
Alberto

Why are Iran and Israel enemies?

Post by Alberto »

I don't get it.
Here the "best" article I found

https://www.dw.com/en/why-are-iran-and- ... a-68780605

But it still doesn't really answer the question.
Interesting that they were actually allies before the Islamic revolution. Of course Iranian were mostly Muslim before the revolution already.

Why the hell are they enemies?
Crazy thing is they would BOTH benefit if they worked together. Got to be some stupid bullshit pride or whatever crap nonsense.
kaffeemitmilch

Re: Why are Iran and Israel enemies?

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

Alberto wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:04 am Crazy thing is they would BOTH benefit if they worked together. Got to be some stupid bullshit pride or whatever crap nonsense.
Isn't this always the case?
Alberto

Post by Alberto »

kaffeemitmilch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:18 am Isn't this always the case?
I think yes, it is.
Question still stand: why are they enemies?
Interesting they were not enemies before the Iranian revolution.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

Iran was not aligned with the Arab countries, Iran like Turkey are not Arab. So at the time they thought it was a good idea to partner with Israel to separate themselves from the Arab world. But with the time Khomeine didn't agree with Israel actions against Palestines and they distanced themselves from them.

My question from the current situation is how Israel bombs Iran's embassy in Damascus and kills seven high ranking military officers and nothing happens. Then Iran retaliates and suddenly it is a big deal that Iran attacks (back) Israel and of course the USA with their western friends now want to impose sanctions on Iran. Why is the western world so biased?
kaffeemitmilch

Post by kaffeemitmilch »

Alberto wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:25 am
kaffeemitmilch wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:18 am Isn't this always the case?
I think yes, it is.
Question still stand: why are they enemies?
Interesting they were not enemies before the Iranian revolution.
Before the revolution the Shah was in-charge, and he was without question aligned with the UK and US. They'd got the monarchy back in, after all. And, as a secular monarch, he had no issues with Israel, and was happy to work with them against the Arabs. In fact, even today, leaders of Arab countries are likely in favor of normalising relations with Israel, and they are slowly doing so. Their populations, on the other hand, would not stand for it, but in absolute monarchies, when the leadership eventually soften, the populace can't really do anything about it.