Personally addressed letter to my tenant

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
MadAxeMurderer

Personally addressed letter to my tenant

Post by MadAxeMurderer »

I have a few apartments in Nürnberg. All with good tenants in that they pay the rent and cause me no trouble.

My Turkish tenant Emailed me a letter the Hausverwaltung had sent him telling him not to throw cigarettes off the balcony and not to let dirty water fall from the balcony onto the cars below.

I pointed out to the Verwaltung:
  • He (and his wife) don't smoke
  • They have no balcony
  • There are no parking spaces under the balcony he doesn't have
She answered me that it was a form letter sent to all residents. And if he didn't do these things, then just ignore the letter.

I get it but:

The letter was addressed to him personally (except they called him Herr <firstname>)

Wouldn't a generic, "please don't letter" be addressed to "Alle Bewohner"?

I still find a personally addressed letter as an accusation.
Last edited by MadAxeMurderer on Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraufruit

Re: Personally addressed letter to my tenant

Post by Fraufruit »

She answer me that it was a form letter sent to all residents. And if he didn't do these things, then just ignore the letter.
This.

I would leave it there but you can, of course, request that, in future, they don't "accuse" your tenants like that.

Frau Commas
hh-sailor

Post by hh-sailor »

MadAxeMurderer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:21 am

The letter was addressed to him personally (except they called him Herr <firstname>)

Wouldn't a generic, "please don't letter" be addressed to "Alle Bewohner"?

I still find a personally addressed letter as an accusation.

I agree with you.
The managment needs reminding that they should take care not to accuse and in future use
a generic form of address for all tenants.

They especially need to clean up their database to not make the last name, first name error
a second time.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

MadAxeMurderer wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:21 am not to let dirty water fall from the balcony onto the cars below.
Huh? Water could be dripping down because someone mopped their balcony or watered the flowers. There's usually a spout where the water drains off and then falls to the ground. If there are cars parked in parking spaces directly underneath these balcony spouts then clearly that wasn't thought of when the block was built. Pathetic. And anyway what do these car owners do when it rains?! Who do they complain to then? :roll:
murphaph

Post by murphaph »

The problem with "an alle Bewohner" Letters is that they look like Dialogpost/Marketing junk mail. If I get a letter addressed like that I don't even open it. Straight in the recycling.