where can US citizens open investment accounts?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisici elit
DoubleDTown

where can US citizens open investment accounts?

Post by DoubleDTown »

I’m seeking suggestions on where in Germany, with my German Euros, I could get an investment account similar to a Charles Schwab account that lets me put money in mutual funds/ETFs and also buy stocks. Anyone got a tip?

If I missed a thread with answer, sorry.

We all know Fatca makes banking by US citizens trouble for the bank.

Thanks
Nixon

Re: where can US citizens open investment accounts?

Post by Nixon »

I don't think that any German institution would work with US citizens. Yet to hear about one.
There is a problem with some bank officers even if you want to open just a regular Savings account.
Bayrisch_Dude

Post by Bayrisch_Dude »

Nixon wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:33 am I don't think that any German institution would work with US citizens. Yet to hear about one.
There is a problem with some bank officers even if you want to open just a regular Savings account.
Absolute rubbish! I rarely state such a thing to a person, but you are 100% incorrect.

Foreign nationals can have saving accounts at banks and can also have investment accounts.

https://crcie.com/
Shameful plug: visit my website www.lederwaren-allgaeu.de
Shameful plug Nr. 2: instagram - scottishknightleather
Nixon

Post by Nixon »

Heh, Bayrisch_Dude at his best :-(
What was so bad in my post to deserve such a supportive comment?
Relax, this is a place where we try to help each other, not to put down somebody in order to be seen as "smart".

Yes, savings accounts are available, but that was not OP's question.
It is good to hear about investment options since by now I haven't heard about any bank that would open an investment account for US citizens. We had hard time even in some situations for savings account, like a few months ago at Santander.

Is there an option where you can open an investment account like Etrade or Vanguard where you can do the stuff by yourself with no high fees applied by brokers?
How about investment accounts of an IRA type where you can invest your pre-tax money?
Taxes are getting even higher, just trying to defer/lower them as much as possible.

Have a good one.
Bayrisch_Dude wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 8:06 am
Nixon wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:33 am I don't think that any German institution would work with US citizens. Yet to hear about one.
Absolute rubbish! I rarely state such a thing to a person, but you are 100% incorrect.

Foreign nationals can have saving accounts at banks and can also have investment accounts.

https://crcie.com/