What got you flummoxed today?

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
hh-sailor

What got you flummoxed today?

Post by hh-sailor »

I was at a loose end the other evening, so I took up a Netflix recommendation to watch "Fool me Once".

Well, I was more than flummoxed - flabbergasted even at the opening sequence of episode one.

That's my school !!!

What the flippin 'eck is that doing 40 yrs down the line on Netflix?

Suppose they need the money...

Had to wait until episode 5 or 6 to see some more of the school :x

What got you flummoxed ?
Fraufruit

Re: What got you flummoxed today?

Post by Fraufruit »

I really liked that film on NF.

What got me flummoxed the other night was when I was listening to that old song "I Love You Just the Way You Are".

It starts with "Don't go changing...."

Then the lyrics were "I don't need clever conversation......I love you just the way your are."

So, is his beloved an idiot or are they both idiots?
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

They are idiots in love which is even better.

I am only slightly flummoxed today. Ordered shoes from online shop A, the payment went to some business called B, DHL told me I'm getting a delivery from the seller C and when they arrived, the sender was listed as D. Why, oh why?
Sannerl

Post by Sannerl »

LeonG wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:17 pm
I am only slightly flummoxed today. Ordered shoes from online shop A, the payment went to some business called B, DHL told me I'm getting a delivery from the seller C and when they arrived, the sender was listed as D. Why, oh why?
And if you want to return them, E, F and G will apply. And cost you. Both time and money.
LeonG

Post by LeonG »

Sannerl wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:49 am And if you want to return them, E, F and G will apply. And cost you. Both time and money.
Yeah, I'm sure if I return them to D which is the return address, C will say I should have returned it to them because they are the sender, B will refuse the refund because they didn't get the return and A will probably refuse any knowledge of the transaction because they neither received payment nor sent me anything.

I recently saw reviews of some other online shop that in order to return anything, you need to pay for postage to Scotland. Meanwhile, the online shop claimed to be a German start up and nothing on their website had anything about Scotland.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

Milk drinks (in plastic containers) now have a deposit on them and the empty container has to be taken back to the shop if you want your money back. Now I have to remember not to trash them. I guess they thought it was too easy to let us keep putting them into the yellow sacks. :?
How much further is this going to go?!
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

How exhasting.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

snowingagain wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:12 pmHow exhasting.
Well, I wouldn't go that far, but it is extra hassle for the consumer (as per usual). And apparently they're going to put a deposit on even more stuff in the future. :roll:
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

This is because too many do not end up in the recycling bin. About 20 perecent get thrown in Hausmull or discarded as rubbish on the street or wherever. So you can still do that of course. But it will cost you. I never understand why people find it so easy to take a relatively heavy plastic bottle home, but find it soo hard to take back the much lighter, empty ones. And most people drive.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

So why do some jam and other condiment producers have the prettiest jars and lids, but with labels that are glued on with gunk that is near on impossible to remove. I know I could use a hairdryer or whatnot, but why the weird glue? Bon Mamam and others are water soluble and easy. I use them to store dressings and leftovers.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

snowingagain wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:51 pmI never understand why people find it so easy to take a relatively heavy plastic bottle home, but find it soo hard to take back the much lighter, empty ones. And most people drive.
I don't drive and mine are delivered, so I have never lugged anything home. This was the first consignment where the bottles had a deposit on them. I discovered that online retailers don't take them back (at least the one I ordered from doesn't and Amazon does not either according to their help page on deposits), so I have no choice but to take them to a supermarket, which of course I will do.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Now I'm flummoxed. I've never bought a milk drink in a plastic bottle. What kind of drink is it actually?

Any chance of finding a substitute since you order in all of your shopping and aren't happy to take empty plastic bottles back to the store?
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

Fraufruit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 pm Now I'm flummoxed. I've never bought a milk drink in a plastic bottle. What kind of drink is it actually?
Any chance of finding a substitute since you order in all of your shopping and aren't happy to take empty plastic bottles back to the store?
These, just as an example: https://www.chiefslife.com/en-eu/milk-p ... 32106bcb6d now have a deposit on them, until the end of last year they didn't and so the empties went into the yellow sack.
I order in some shopping, not all, so I now just have to remember to take bottles like this with me to any supermarket, since I can't 'post' them back to where they came from for the refund of the deposit.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

If you find it so hard to take a few empty bottles back you are allowed to put them in your bin. Really, I am not getting this. Perhaps you are disabled and cannot drive, well that would be a thing I guess. I hope you are not.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

Oh, I see. Whey protein with artificial sweetener. Looks yummy.
BonnBonn

Post by BonnBonn »

snowingagain wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:54 pm So why do some jam and other condiment producers have the prettiest jars and lids, but with labels that are glued on with gunk that is near on impossible to remove. I know I could use a hairdryer or whatnot, but why the weird glue? Bon Mamam and others are water soluble and easy. I use them to store dressings and leftovers.
Just rub some vegetable oil on the label and set it aside for a while before scraping it off. The glue is almost always soluble in oil.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

snowingagain wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:51 pm If you find it so hard to take a few empty bottles back you are allowed to put them in your bin. Really, I am not getting this. Perhaps you are disabled and cannot drive, well that would be a thing I guess. I hope you are not.
No mobility issues, thankfully. I don't find it so hard to take them back, it's just new to me, as per the title of the thread, it got me flummoxed. But to be honest I also find it a bit odd that for the refund they have to go to somewhere where they didn't come from. :|
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

If you order drinks from a drink market like we do beer and fizzy water, they will collect all sorts of returnable bottles. At least ours does.

When you order from grocery delivey, etc., they only do delivery.
Escafusa

Post by Escafusa »

Fraufruit wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:07 pmOh, I see. Whey protein with artificial sweetener. Looks yummy.
Show me one without the sweeteners and I'll switch. I'm sure you've consumed a fair amount of sweeteners in the last six decades or so... ;)
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

I never understand why people find it so easy to buy and carry home plastic bottles that are heavy with content, but find it so difficult to return th bottles, so light when they are empty. Flumoxed. TBH when people go on a picnic and decide to leave their leftovers that then get pulled out of bins.
wtf not just take stuff home again. That is what we have always done because rubbish flying around a beach or park is shitty.