Digital Exclusion part 1 The Euro soccer in Berlin

Anything that doesn't fit into the other subforums of Miscellaneous themes
Krieg

Re: Digital Exclusion part 1 The Euro soccer in Berlin

Post by Krieg »

snowingagain wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:47 pm
JanxSpirit wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:23 pm So by extension carrying photo ID is also caving into technology, albeit a little older :lol:
A German Ausweiss is hardly "technology" they have a long history. Atm costs about 38 euro for 10 years. Multiple functions, including passport within EU. A smartphone costs much more. So insisting on one to attend a football match could be viewed as restrictive.
But things are moving forward. Now there is as well electronic ID (eID), which you have to use for online services from the government. Surprisingly enough, the non-EUs have been somehow included this time, the new residence permit card includes and electronic version (eAT) and can act as an eID for several things. The management of the eID/eAT is done via app, or at least that's how I did it, not sure if there is another option. And BTW there is as well an eID for EUs and EAAs. It is in general good to have access to the eID because it saves you trips to the Bürgeramt. And as far as I've seen in the news, Germany is finally in the path to digitalize more and more services. You can even register a car online, colour me surprised.
snowingagain

Post by snowingagain »

Yes, I have no problem with that, except when a smart phone becomes compulsory. And your post reminds me that somewhere hidden away here in a lot of untidy paperwork is the bumf for getting electronic Aufenhaltserlaubnis. They sent it to me too early, before I even got my plastic card.
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

snowingagain wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm Yes, I have no problem with that, except when a smart phone becomes compulsory. And your post reminds me that somewhere hidden away here in a lot of untidy paperwork is the bumf for getting electronic Aufenhaltserlaubnis. They sent it to me too early, before I even got my plastic card.
The eAT/eID is meant to be used online only and you need something doing the authentication and it must speak NFC with the physical card. Which other device can do that? The other solution would be a dedicated device for that.

And you can choose not to use the eAT and physically go to the Finanzamt, BürgerAmt, Zulassungstelle, etc.
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Krieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 pm The eAT/eID is meant to be used online only and you need something doing the authentication and it must speak NFC with the physical card. Which other device can do that? The other solution would be a dedicated device for that.
Here is a list of compatible USB card readers that can be used with the eID:
https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/en/usb-card-readers
Krieg

Post by Krieg »

alma.freya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:39 pm
Krieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 pm The eAT/eID is meant to be used online only and you need something doing the authentication and it must speak NFC with the physical card. Which other device can do that? The other solution would be a dedicated device for that.
Here is a list of compatible USB card readers that can be used with the eID:
https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/en/usb-card-readers
Yes. A dedicated device. Maybe the next complain will be that you still need a computer. Or that you need the internet … to identify yourself online.
alma.freya

Post by alma.freya »

Krieg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:45 pm
Maybe the next complain will be that you still need a computer.
That's not really fair for the Germans either; personal computers have only been ubiquitous for around 25 years now.
Last edited by alma.freya on Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

Many retailers have competitions where you can "win" tickets to see the football matches!

Whatabout the later matches? Nobody knows who plays who🙃

I am a railfan, I am not interested in football, but I should like to observe the trains at Olympia Stadion station, how do they deal with tens of thousands of fans?
Erst der Spaß, dann das Vergnügen/first the fun, then the enjoyment
Keleth

Post by Keleth »

FIFA/UEFA will tell you it´s to stop touts etc.
It´s not, it´s just another way of them getting their snouts in the trough.
colincostello

Post by colincostello »

I wonder if this digital exclusion applies to other big events such as Taylor Swift concerts and the upcoming Paris Olympics.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

colincostello wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:49 am I wonder if this digital exclusion applies to other big events such as Taylor Swift concerts and the upcoming Paris Olympics.
I would not want to experience either of those even if someone paid me.🙃

But there are still millions of people who do not have smartphones. Perhaps legislation could be considered.
Fraufruit

Post by Fraufruit »

I imagine the event organizeres don't care as long as they have bums in seats.
Fietsrad

Post by Fietsrad »

I guess enjoying football matches and concerts are not Grundbedürfnisse, basic needs, so the legislators might not be very interested.